Monday, July 19, 2010

Waiting

While I'm Waiting :

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait
I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience
While I'm waiting
I will serve You
While I'm waiting
I will worship
While I'm waiting
I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait
I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
though it's not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve you while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting on You, Lord

This song has been running through my head for the past few days. I've been reading blogs and updates and it comes to mind. It pops in my head when I feed a baby or hug them or give them kisses. I can't stop singing it when I play with the babies, even when there is other music playing in the background. Every time I hold a baby, read a facebook note from an adoptive parent, or am feeding the babies, I remember that they are waiting and how hard it must be. I know it's hard. It has to be hard for them because it's hard for me to watch these babies grow up, knowing their parents are dying to have them in their arms. The parents are waiting to come get their babies while I'm waiting for them to come get them!

Over the last two days, I've really struggled knowing that I only have three and a half weeks left here. I'm excited to go home, see my family and friends, and start a new school year, but I don't want to leave these babies behind. I just wish all the adoptive parents could come get these babies before I leave. I know they will be well-cared for here and loved, but I would just feel so much better if I wasn't leaving them. So, I spend my days waiting for the court dates to be scheduled, waiting for their papers to come back, waiting for their parents to finally come get them.

It's easy to get caught up in the wait. It's so easy to worry about why papers haven't come or be frustrated when timing doesn't work out. As I've repeated the lyrics to the song above over and over, the words that stick out are "peaceful" and "faithfully." It's hard to wait peacefully. I find myself having to remind myself to wait without worrying and making sure that I'm focusing on the task at hand instead of focusing on the waiting.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you posted this. Maybe it's because I'm a boy and don't always get things around here, but I struggle to get as excited about court dates, papers coming, etc. My mindset is just, "Yeah, okay, well they're still here." Thanks for explaining that passion to see these kids in their parents arms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your posts, Bethy. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Love and miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this, Beth. The wait is tough. We are waiting to bring Mei-Li home. Tonight is her court date. I keep sing the song "Everlasting God." It starts out, "Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord, we will wait upon the Lord, we will wait upon the Lord..." Thank you for your aches and groans turned to prayers. You are part of the babies' adventure. :)

    ReplyDelete