Sunday, July 11, 2010

Haircut in the kitchen!

Today, one of the older girls cut my hair! She was cutting another volunteer's hair and I thought "Hey, I could use a haircut," so she did mine too! Just layered it a little, but it was much needed and she did a great job! The kids here have so much potential. I just pray that they have opportunities to succeed in whatever they have a passion to do.

I wish the language wasn't such a barrier! I would love to be able to have conversations with some of the kids here, but since I only know about 10 words in Chinese, that isn't really possible. Now I understand why missionaries often take the time to go to language school as soon as they move to a foreign country. It's "kind of" important :-)

Today, I'm thankful for: tuna, banana bread, encouraging volunteers, the couple who comes and helps with the babies on Sunday afternoons, and that Showhwa is coming back tomorrow from vacation!

I'm praying for all our sick little babies to get better soon!

1 comment:

  1. Matt and I need our hair cut too! I don't think we can wait until Taiwan though :)

    ReplyDelete