Thursday, July 15, 2010

Pacifier thief, shots, and camp

A few random things:

One of our babies is a huge pacifier thief (though I think she is following after one of our babies who already went home). She will grab all the other babies' pacifiers and try to suck on them. The other day, she grabbed a little boy's pacifier when he was sucking on it. We gave it back to him and he held onto it so she couldn't take it again, but she kept trying anyway. Babies can be SO funny!

The other day, Showhwa came out with a list of five baby names and told us to grab them because we were leaving. We didn't know where we were going at first, just that we were taking them somewhere. Along  the way, we found out we were taking all five of them for shots! I thought "Oh no! I hate shots! I'm not sure I can handle holding a baby while he gets shots!" The babies were called back one by one, measured, temperatures taken, ears, noses, and mouths checked, and then they were taken back for their shots. The nurse had me lay my baby on the table and hold his leg down. I prepared myself for the scream as she inserted the needle... only it never came! He didn't cry a bit! Such a brave little baby boy! The babies did all fall asleep in the van on the way back, but they were all SO good!

The older kids on the other side of the orphanage are all away at camp. The older kids left on Sunday and and the younger kids left on Wednesday. It seems so much quieter here without them and I think we all are looking forward to them coming back. However, we have found one advantage to them being gone: The water on the other side is always cold :-) Usually with so many people around, it gets hot by afternoon and we have lukewarm water, but now it's cold all day :-) We'd much rather have the kids around than have cold water though, and we'll be excited when they come home!

1 comment:

  1. The babies sound fun, can't wait to get there! Thanks for the updates, I'm loving reading along.
    -Rebecca

    ReplyDelete