Friday, July 15, 2011

Verses on the wall....

One of the other volunteers, Meredith, is gone for the month of July to do some language study (She is staying at THOGL for a whole year and has been here since January). While she is gone, I am sleeping in her bed. My first morning here, I discovered that Meredith had posted verses by her bed. These verses are the first thing I see each morning when I wake up and they are such an encouragement to me, so I thought I'd share some of them with you.

"Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble." 1 Peter 3:8

"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7

"Above all, love each other deeply because love covers over a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8

"Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1 Corinthians 13:7

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me." Psalm 51:10

No comments:

Post a Comment