Sunday, July 3, 2011

An earthquake, a mountain, and the Bear

I feel like time goes by so fast and I just posted yesterday; however, I believe it has been a few days since I posted. A lot has happened!

1. Thursday was our day off! We spent the morning hiking up a mountain! I was pretty sure I was going to die before I reached the top, since that was more exercise than I have done in the whole past year, but I guess God wanted me to see the BEAUTIFUL view from the top of the mountain! IT WAS ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS! Pictures do not even begin to display how beautiful it was! So worth the long trip up the mountain. Thank you, God, for the beautiful earth You gave and the opportunity you gave me to view it from the mountain.

After we stumbled down the mountain, we went to eat at the Bear. This has to be one of the most hilarious experiences I have had in Taiwan so far. Four American girls who don't know Chinese trying to order food in a restaurant where nobody speaks English. The waiter finally disappeared, communicating to us that he would be back in a minute. Five to ten minutes later, he returned with a phone in hand- he had called someone to translate! We ended up with rice, chicken curry, and a salad. A little spicy, but very good, and completely worth the experience!

2. Friday turned into a busy day. Our little one who was in the hospital came home!!!!! We are so glad she is back and have enjoyed loving on her a little extra over the past couple days. PRAISE GOD!

An adoptive family came in to pick up their baby.... always a happy day!

Babies were allocated and given new names :-)

Movie night- We watched "Like Dandelion Dust." Loved the movie, but definitely held back tears most of the way through.

3. Today we felt an earthquake. Last year I thought it would be cool to feel a SMALL earthquake. This year, I think they are just terrifying, regardless of how small they are. Praising the Lord for His protection.

1 comment:

  1. I definitely felt my first earthquake there. And my second. Goodness gracious, reading this makes me miss THOGL. =)

    ReplyDelete