Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Expectations

Sometimes I think I know what to expect when I get to Taiwan, and there are other times, like right now, that I know I can't even imagine what it will be like! I recently got information about the trip and they told us what to expect:

"No sleep, lack of time to yourself, don’t plan on shaving your legs very often..there won’t be time, a lot of noise and crying, feeling like you are running into a brick wall….and feeling of accomplishment, one of the most rewarding things you will ever do."

I love reading other peoples blogs and seeing the pictures they've posted! I follow a few blogs of parents who I will probably get to meet when they come to pick up their babies and that makes me so excited! I look forward to seeing parents' faces when they get to meet their babies and seeing them begin to bond with them.

I now know "Hello," "phone," and "thank you" in Chinese. And considering I already knew two of those words before I started trying to learn Chinese, I guess I'm not doing so well. I better get moving! Less than a month now!

1 comment:

  1. we're gonna have to stick together if you know some Chinese words, because I don't know any!

    ReplyDelete