Saturday, April 24, 2010

Dreaming about Taiwan

Well, I started dreaming about Taiwan last night. While I don't remember much of my dream, I remember that I was mad at myself for not learning Chinese before I left (I'm planning to learn some basic words before I go, so I can at least say/understand a little bit). I also remember feeling completely overwhelmed, which I'm sure I will be at first.

I have my Visa and my plane ticket. Time is flying and I know I'll be in Taiwan before I know it. Less than 2 months now!

2 comments:

  1. haha... I hope the experience is better than you dreamed! I need to learn some Chinese words, too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natalie, I got a program called "Instant Immersion Chinese." It's about $30 and is supposed to be similar to Rosetta Stone, but a lot cheaper. I think I've learned hello, thank you, yes, and no so far. And at one point I knew Good morning, good afternoon, and good evening, but I forget them now! If I would actually use it more than once a week, I would probably be doing much better! You can download it on your ipod, so I'll put some of it on mine for our trip. Maybe we can both practice on the way there!

    ReplyDelete