Friday, June 24, 2011

Back in the swing of things....

I have been here four days now and feel like I am starting to get back into the swing of things. It has been a lot easier than last year. Since I know the schedule, I've been able to jump right in to learn the babies names. Still struggling to figure out which bottle belongs to which baby, but I'll figure it out eventually! Last year, all the bottles had the English names on them (for the babies who had English names), but this year, some still have their Chinese names, and I definitely don't have those down yet! Oh well, I'll get them down eventually!

Thursday was our day off and we were able to go to the Cultural Center. (I worked one day and I got a day off- not bad!) It was a great time to get to know the other volunteers and I love the Cultural Center. If you're ever in Taiwan, I highly recommend you go there!

Yesterday was "Family Movie Night." They have been watching the "Love Comes Softly" series. It was so fun and I wonder why we didn't have movie nights last summer!

I have been reminded:
-why I was planning to learn Chinese before coming here.... I hate not being able to talk to the older kids at supper. I guess that will be a goal for the coming school year.
-how much I love devotions each night- hearing the kids praise God in song!
-how different and unique each baby is, special in their own way!

Today:
-is English church service
-another baby's family is coming to pick him up. I can't wait for them to see him!

Blessings:
-Ended up in Elite seating (business class) on my long flight and got 8+ hours of sleep! Not sure how that happened, but so thankful for that!
-One of the babies got out of the hospital and is now back at the Home
-Two families have left to take their babies home with them!
-Papers arrived for one of our little ones

Prayer requests:
-One of our sweet little ones who is in the hospital
-Paperwork to come in quickly so the babies can go home to be with their forever families
-Families traveling in the coming weeks
-Strength, energy, and health for all at THOGL

No comments:

Post a Comment